The City of West Des Moines is releasing a draft of our Housing Needs Assessment for a 45-day public comment period beginning on April 23 and ending June 7, 2018. The Housing Needs Assessment was prepared by Western Economic Services.
The draft Housing Needs Assessment includes an analysis of data and surveys, six housing challenges identified by the consultant, recommendations (developed by the consultant) to address housing needs, and a menu of ideas – housing programs and regulation changes proposed by City staff.
The draft Housing Needs Assessment is available for review:
- Read the draft Housing Needs Assessment document
- A hard copy is provided for on-premise review at:
- Public Library – 4000 Mills Civic Parkway
- Human Services – 139 6th Street
- Historic City Hall – 137 5th Street
- City Hall – 4200 Mills Civic Parkway
- Westside Community Center – 134 6th Street
Public comments may be submitted in the following ways:
- Attend an open house public meeting on May 9, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., City Hall (4200 Mills Civic Parkway), City Council Chambers
- Attend a facilitated discussion public meeting on May 23, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., City Hall (4200 Mills Civic Parkway), City Council Chambers
- Submit an email with comments to Housing@wdm.iowa.gov
- Complete a public comment form at one of the locations where the draft Housing Needs Assessment is available
The Housing Needs Assessment is tentatively scheduled for the City Council meeting on July 9, 2018.